If people hover over your photo or profile on Google+ a neat caption will pop up. This is a great opportunity to highlight your skillset or specialisation. It works not unlike a tagline. Did you know you can customise what shows up?
Now look at my hover text above. You’ll see that in addition to my company, I have a tagline a bit like my official title. You could put a number of keywords that give a glimpse of what you are about. You only have seconds on the interwebs to make an impression. You have to dictate that you’re worth circling.
5 Steps to Customise Your Hovercard Byline
1. Go to your Personal Profile page and Click ‘Edit Profile’.
2. Click on ‘Employment’ to edit it.
3. Check/Tick the first box as ‘current employer’.
4. IMMEDIATELY after the name of your employer (in the same box), add any text you want to have show in your hovercard.
5. Click “save” and “done editing.” Done & done.
You may need to login and log out for it to show up.
If you don’t have anything in your current employer box, the hovercard text defaults to the following hierarchy (in order):
1. Places Lived (top location)
3. Profile Tag Line (under your name)
Place what you want to say in your hovercard in any of those boxes instead.